12.01.2011

ANACHRONIStic...

anachronism:
1. An error in chronology; especially: a chronological misplacing of persons, events, objects or customs in regard to each other
2. A person or thing that is chronologically out of place; especially: one from a former age that is incongruous in the present
3. The state or condition of being chronologically out of place

After getting dressed in this outfit (new skirt and top) for a date, my sister told me that I looked like I belonged to another time, and she was curious if that was the look I was going for. I kinda saw what she meant, but it was not my intention. I was just trying out something different for me. The tea length skirt is deffo something completely outside of my usual, but I have been searching for one I liked for ages, and I finally found one. It is just a different silhouette than I am used to, but after wearing it, it is something I deffo can get used to. Even the top, a colorful blouse, which is shorter in the front than the back (which you can't see, but probably will in the future), is not typical for me. Most blouses I have range from white to cream to off white to ivory, nothing with any kind of color. I was so drawn to the color of the top, and instantly thought of it for my new skirt.
What pieces of clothing make you feel like you belong to a different time or place?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love
xx