3.31.2011

Cheesecake Brownies...

So. It was time for another baking adventure. We could all feel it in our mouths, tingling in our tastebuds. Baking was way overdue. My favorite suggested a nice red (blue) velvet cake (he prefers the color blue…), but mostly for the cream cheese frosting, at that stage. I honestly was not in the mood for something as involved as that and I wanted to save it for a more noble occasion. And I was wanting brownies. So a compromise was reached! Cheesecake brownies, to appease all longings.
cheesecake brownie
There are like forty gazillion recipes for cheesecake brownies on the internet, varying from boxed modifications, to created concoctions. That is what our baking adventure turned out to be. Too many delicious inspirations to choose from, so I mixed and matched per usual.

messy dry ingredients
messy kitchen
 For the brownie part, I used pieces of the recipe on the nestle cocoa box, we really like that one, but I added my own twist, like this…
wet things
1 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
¾ cup butter
2 tablespoons of water
2 eggs
2 tablespoons of vanilla

a little less than ¾ cup cocoa
1 teaspoon of baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon

mixing
 and mix the wet and dry ingredients

The cheesecake part is a little more generic, with less varieties...
cheesecake bit
8 oz of cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon of vanilla
a little bit of cinnamon

Don’t forget to butter the baking dish...

brownie bottom
Then put the brownie batter in the prepared baking dish.
Next dollop the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie part…
cheesecake top
And run a knife through it like squiggles to create swirl (I need to practice this, but it will come with more practice, which also means more brownies!!)
swirl
And put it in the oven. My oven is being pretty temperamental, but it should be at 350 and cook for 30 to 40 mins, but I would check it frequently.

almost done brownies
Cool (or not) and enjoy.
Yummy.

2 comments:

  1. Looks so tasty! I might have to try this at some stage. Made some Oero cheese cake last night... was as nice as the last time I had it but it brings back good memories ;)
    nom nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swirling part looks cool. Cant wait for some tonightt mmmm.

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love
xx